22 June 2006

Bouncing Back

Hey everybody! Well, I got back from Ireland yesterday evening - and it has done me the world of good (including my Ma who came with me!). We were visiting my Aunt, who lives in Castleconnell, County Limerick, which is right on the banks of the River Shannon. We had about 5 days of blistering sunshine, which was fantastic, and there was plenty of fresh air and the sound of beautiful summer days. I spent most of my time walking by the river, watching the Herons and Kingfishers diving into the water for food. It was pure heaven listening to the Bullfinches, Wrens, Song Thrushes, Robins and watching cute little Wagtails strutting their stuff.

I took my new digital camera with me and I've taken a few photographs of what I saw along with some gorgeous piccies of my Auntie's cat, called Misty. I will post them over the weekend and also, will FINALLY give you an update on my 'Knotwork Garden' and 'Mermaid' - Hoo-ray!

Just before I sign off, I would just like to say 'thank you' dropping by and a huge great big thanks to those who have sent me their kind words. The Stitcher blogging community is certainly a community filled with love and kindness. I still feel like I've been run over by a freight train, but with friends like you all out there, I'll know I'll make it somehow.

TTFN and bless you all!
Carto xxx

3 comments:

Leeland said...

Carto, it feels so good to have you back! I've always wanted to visit Ireland, and when I read about its healing properties, I feel like going even more! Some say this is a magical land...
Looking forward to your next post!
Take care!

Veronica said...

Glad to know you're feeling better. Keep your chin up. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I've read a lot about beautiful Ireland and hope to visit it someday.

Singular Stitches said...

Carto, I'm so glad to read that you're bouncing back. A trip abroad with Mum sounds like it helped tremendously!

You know, a cuddle with Fudge is also theraputic! :o)

*HUG*