11 June 2007

Stitching GTG

It's been a while, but I'm still breathing :)

I've just got back from a Stitching GTG that was organised by the lovelies at the UK Stitchers forum from Friday to today. It was an absolute hoot! - I had a fantastic time! I don't think I've laughed so much in years, but what do you expect when you get about 20 or so women together?! We stayed at a lovely cottage complex in Ashbourne, Derbyshire and had 3 days of glorious sunshine splitting the stones. I took along 'Miss Kitty's Dragons' to stitch and here is progress so far:


As you can see, I got quite a lot done! When I arrived at the GTG, it was a blank piece of linen, so it just shows how productive these stitching GTGs are. I started one of the dragonflies, but frogged it completely...it was definitely a case of too much alcohol and not enough concentration!

I hope everyone's ok. This is just a quickie post as I'm absolutely pooped from the weekend's frolics - I shall post later on in the week with progress on 'Cat Knot'.....let's just say it's not been a easy journey. I have started to stitch it... but you'll see for yourself soon, so watch this space.

Right I'm off to collapse into an armchair with a nice cup of tea to prepare myself for the washing pile that's accumulated from the weekend GTG......urrrgh :(

7 comments:

stitcherw said...

Yea! She's back. :)
Glad you had a good time. You got a great start on Miss Kitty, this will be lovely when done. Looking forward to seeing your start on Cat Knot.
Sue

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time and you sure got a lot of prgress done over th 3 days. :)

Felicity said...

I loathe washing! Hardly have you ironed it all than you have to turn around and do it again. Nice piece!

Singular Stitches said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! It's always great to spend time with the girls, especially when you can stitch at the same time!

Wow, excellent progress!! :o)

Unknown said...

Very nice piece of stitching. Great to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

I've been to Ashbourne, it's not really that far from here.

I'm not a member of that stitchy club though.

Leeland said...

What an amazing project, Heidi! I love it! I'm way behind in my blog reading... perhaps you have finished it already! Are there aikido lessons during the summer holidays too? How are you doing with these?
Got a washing pile to deal with too..
Lots of hugs, Lili

Aussie Stitcher said...

It looks lovely.

Joanne