09 October 2007

I'm back (hopefully)

Hey all

Firstly, huge apologies for the really long delay in posting - I can't believe that my last post was in August!! I'm sorry I've left it so long and I hope I haven't unnecessarily worried any of you, hopefully I'm back now, but probably not so frequent as I would like.

Well, to explain what's been going on - firstly, my depression has come back. I had a bad bout a few years ago which I fully recovered from, but despite this bout not being so severe as last time the 'black cloud' has decided to rear its ugly head again. This has primarily been the reason why I've not logged on for such a long time. Everything, even browsing the web, has felt like an uphill struggle - instead I've been trying to channel my energy into staying at work.

Secondly, to add to the above, work has been a nightmare. There are still lots of 'issues' that the department I work in is having to deal with. Everyone's workloads (not just mine) have gone through the roof, which has meant that we've been working long hours. My social life is non-existent, because when I'm not at work, I'm trying to relax and look after myself as much as I can - it's about all the energy I can muster.

On a brighter note though, I passed my orange belt grading at the end of August - I'm now a 6th Kyu!



Training has also been put on the back burner for a while. I'm hoping to return next week, but I haven't been training in over a month - it's all been a little too much, so something had to give for a while, but I think now that the exercise will do me good.

I've also been stitching lots in my free time (at least that hasn't suffered, if anything it's helped take my mind off things), so I shall post some stitching piccies soon.

I'm conscious that this all sounds really whiney, but this has been my lot since I last posted. I hope you're all OK and I shall be visiting your blogs over the next few weeks. Thanks all for your lovely comments on my last post and I'm really sorry I didn't get back to you about them. Thanks again my lovelies - I don't know where I'd be without you.

Lots of love xxxxxx

9 comments:

CritterLady62 said...

I'm certainly sorry to hear about the "black cloud". Hopefully, you will be back to your old self soon.
Congratulations on the orange belt. I know that took a lot of work. I'm looking forward to your pics.

Sheila said...

Hi Heidi:
Sorry to hear about the Black Dog, but glad that it is running off and I hope you are soon back to feeling like the lovely (and very funny) person you were when I met you in June :)
Looking forward to seeing stitching pics.
Take care...

Gina said...

Glad to 'see' you again, and I hope the Black Dog is on the retreat. I can sympathise - I have had far too many visits from that creature.
Good to hear you have been stitching, and that you have your orange belt - well done!!

Alberta said...

{{{{Hugs to you Carto}}}} Hoping that each day getting brighter and brighter for you! Congrats on the orange belt grading to 6th Kyu.

Lelia said...

welcome back ... congrats on the orange belt.

Hazel said...

Welcoem back. Cant wait to see what you've been stitching. xx

Kim said...

Hey you I know all about black clouds, and it sounds like you have managed to get on top of things, so well done and heres hoping you are feeling stronger and congrats on the orange belt, I so wish I could do some sort of martial art x

Leeland said...

Oooch. I sure relate to the feelings expressed here. Sometimes, a cocoon seems the only solution.
I hope you'll be back soon for good.
CONGRATULATIONS for the orange belt, Heidi.
Take care,
Lili

Nancy in IL said...

Ohhhh, Heidi.... I'm so sorry about the "black cloud." I share that cloud with you, and I know all about the feelings you share here, bless your heart! I take Cymbalta, and a hefty dose, and it works for me with no side effects that I've had with other anti-depressants. Exercise is wonderful for depression and so is stitching, so I expect to see some stitchy pix from you. I'll be waiting.

Congrats on your earning your orange belt. That represents talent and hard work!

Hey, you're not a whiner at all. When I hit a snag, I post it too! It's nice to have people out there to share feelings with. Some people have no one else; some people manage to recuperate from the support and kindness of others they may never meet.

Bless you, my dear, and let us hear from you soon.