06 April 2007

Happy Easter!

Hey everybody - I hope this post finds you all in good health on this very good 'Good Friday'. Well, it was great to wake up at 8.30 this morning instead of 6.15 - no work today hurray!

The weather here in Nottingham has been surprisingly very hot and sunny! I decided to grab the opportunity while I could and cut the grass on my back and front lawn, much to the delight of Fudge, who showed his appreciation by rolling around in the fresh grass cuttings. I am now the proud owner of a pale green and fudge coloured cat instead of a white and fudge one. I took some photos of him before he decided to make his fashion statement...


Here he is doing his best 'Chad' impression - 'Wot no fish?' :) I don't know why, but he does this whenever he's on something high. Here he's on the kitchen table, but he also does it when sitting next to me on the sofa, on the window ledge or even on the stair case - if there's a ledge or a drop, he likes nothing better than to hang his head down. My furbaby has a character all his own!


After cutting the grass, I also took the opportunity to do some more stitching on 'Luck'.


It also gave me the perfect excuse to try out my rather wonderful psychadelic new scissors - I saw these on an online shop I've discovered (www.siestaframes.com) and I just had to have them!


I haven't planned anything else apart from my usual badminton playing on Sunday - the rest of my time I shall be stitching for England! Another 3 days of stitching bliss - what a wonderful way to spend a bank holiday weekend :) Oh and I've also just realised that my blog was a year old on 3rd April! My goodness, but doesn't time fly when you're having fun? This blog wouldn't be what it is without your input. Thank you to all of you for making this blog so worthwhile. I have made so many friends through doing this - you all know who you are! And thank you to some new visitors who have taken the trouble to drop by and say 'Hi'. Bless you and thank you again my stitching lovelies!!! xxxxx

7 comments:

CritterLady62 said...

You know we all have our quirks -- green fur is just in at the moment. My furbaby is black so I don't see much color other than the gray when he gets out and rolls in the soot. Unfortunately snow here so no going out these days. I love the Luck piece.

catandturtle said...

Heidi, happy blogging anniversary! Those scissors are wicked cool, I will have to check that website out. Lucky looks awesome! And Fudge is a cutey. Ann.

stitcherw said...

Cute pictures of Fudge, and Luck is looking great, it will be done pretty soon I think. :)
Sue

Leeland said...

LOL!!! Fudge looks too cute!
If you still have the email you wanted to send me, try this address, Heidi!
llanduyt arrowbase cegetel dot net
the one with an n before the l doesn't work any longer...
Happy Blogging anniversary!
Hugs!
Lili

Rowyn said...

What a gorgeous boy! Luck is looking great too. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Lelia said...

Fudge is a Prince : ) Lucky you seeing sunshine on Easter. We had very cold - overcast weather.

Luck looks great!!! And those scissors are awesome, too : )

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Happy blogging Anniversary, Heidi... :-)

Oh, Fudge does look so Princely perched up there gazing upon his loyal subjects! :-) He's a sweetheart and looks much akin to my dd's Bubbles... Aren't our fur-babies such wonderfully, loving companions!

Luck is gorgeous... and I love your scissors! I'm a scissor nut! lol