04 March 2007

Hold on to your Stitching Frames Everybody......

I've actually done some cross stitch! *Silence whilst everyone steps back in amazement* Yes you can all have a couple of tablets and a lie down to get over the shock in a minute!

'Steady on', I hear you cry - 'this is a stitching blog - you can't have things like STITCHING on here - the very thought of it - I've a good mind to flag it as inappropriate!!' Yes I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to actually talk about stitching on here, but what with one thing or another (Mum being ill, work being a bit topsy-turvy what with getting used to a new boss, a Husband deciding whether he wants to be one or not, with some throwing people around on mats whilst wearing white pyjamas for good measure), my stitching year has got off to rather a bad start, until now.

I've been a busy bee this weekend, or you could say a busy dragonfly........


It's a 'Dragonfly Pin' Kit from Mill Hill that I'd bought from 'Sew and So' a couple of weeks before Christmas. I was going to make it up and give it as a present to one of my relations, but never got round to it. It was such an enjoyable kit to do - I got home from town yesterday at about 1.30pm and by 4pm, I'd finished it!. I haven't added the pin to it yet but I will get round to it. And yes, I've also stitched on 'Phoenix' this afternoon.....


It's not an awful lot, but it's a start! There are lots of half and quarter stitches, so it's something I'm having to concentrate on - no looking at DVDs whilst stitching with this one. I discovered that to my peril this afternoon - I only looked up at the TV once (mind you I was watching 'Van Helsing' - and Hugh Jackman is always worth a look *swoon*) - and before I knew it...'CROOOOAKK!'...I'd frogged two lines!! So with trusty unpicker in hand, and lots of swearing to boot, I had learnt my lesson well. But I know it will be all worth it in the end; I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. I've just got to persevere.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow morning (yack!) - doesn't the weekend go by fast when you're having fun. I hope you all had good weekends too. Watch this space, as I will be talking about stitching again later on in the week - Yes.....stitching!!

Lots of love to you all, my fellow stitchers xxx

11 comments:

stitcherw said...

Phoneix is going to be gorgeous. The pattern is so pretty and the color so rich. Congrats on finishing the dragonfly, very cute. As to being distracted by Hugh Jackman, I can totally relate, he is great to watch.

I don't want to have the weekend over either, I want to be back at my stitching retreat again rather than doing chores to get ready for the work week. I had so much fun. Hope your week goes smoothly, nice to see you stitching,
Sue

Rowyn said...

The butterfly pin is great, and a good start on Phoenix!

Carol said...

Very cute dragonfly Carto - thanks for the visit the other day :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your dragonfly and good start to Phoenix.

Unknown said...

Love your dragonfly pin. And your pheonix is going to pretty when completed. :o)

Nancy in IL said...

Ohhh, I love the dragonfly! Aren't those Mill Hill just the most fun to do??? I love 'em.

Fudge is adorable, and I agree with your comment on my blog. Thank heavens for our kitties. They're just the greatest gift of comfort for all who have them! My life would be so empty without my babies.

I know just what you mean about stitching and watching DVD's. I can't do both. I have a friend/neighbor who does, but her stitching is terrible! Phoenix is going to be great, and I think you've done great with such an intense design. That start would represent quite a bit of time for me. I'm s-l-o-w!

Leeland said...

Hugh Jackman definitely distracts me from my stitching but I don't make any mistakes because when he's on screen, my needle stays where it is, stuck in the air... Lol!!!
Your MH dragonfly is a wonder, and I love the colours of the Phoenix!
Take care, Heidi!
Lili

Felicity said...

LOL. Obviously, I needed to lookmore closely at the dictionary. I got the wrong entry ... LOL. Glad to hear that you are still stitching.

catandturtle said...

Awesome! I love the dragonfly pin, very cool and the Phoenix start is great! I can't wait to see more. Ann.

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, What a Lovely Dragonfly finish! :-) And I love The Phoenix! I've been wanting to add that one to my stash for quite some time now! Are you stitching it on the Sparkling Sundown fabby from Silkweavers? Whatever you are using is lovely and I can't wait to follow your progress!

As for Hugh Jackman... ;-) Let's just say I watched The Prestige three times whilst I was off Monday and Tuesday... and needless to say, I got very little stitching done whilst watching him... errr I mean the film! lol

stitcherw said...

Hmmm, you've been missing for quite a while, hope everything is ok and that you've just been so busy stitching you couldn't blog. If that's the case, what about an update on what you've been up to.
Take care,
Sue