16 November 2006

Licence to KERPOWW! and 'The Phoenix is Rising!'

My goodness - two posts in one week - it's a miracle LOL :)

Another thing I'm really rather chuffed about is that I got my Aikido licence and grading book at training the other night *cue a Spongebob Squarepants HOO-RAY!*



The grading book is a bit like a passport in the Aikido world. Every time you grade and gain a different coloured belt, they stamp and sign it with details of where and when you got it, with a rather awesome looking stamp. You can also record details of any training seminars that you attend as well. This year the club has been to seminars in Poland and also Japan (the home of Aikido). Unfortunately this was before I joined. Going to Japan would have been awesome as it has been a dream of mine for quite a number of years. I can't wait to find out where we'll be going next year - hopefully they'll go to Japan again. The next lot of grading will be in December - and with any luck I'll be swapping my white belt for a yellow one!

......and....yes, the Phoenix is finally rising from the ashes! I started mixing all the thread colours and putting them on me thread cards the weekend just gone. I've cut my lovely sparkly fabric to size and have put it on a frame, but I've not done any stitching as yet. I'm starting it at the weekend...so watch this space!! xx

7 comments:

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the Aikido grading, the book looks neat, and the possible trip would be a lot of fun too. I've never done any of those types of classes, but have always thought they looked really interesting.

Looking forward to seeing Phoenix when you get it started, it will be fun watching your progress.
Sue

Paddy said...

Congrats, and remind me never to upset or offend you in any way ;)

Rowyn said...

I think I'll be staying on your good side too :0)

Look forward to hearing how you go in December at your next grading.

Felicity said...

Wow, you are on a roll! Congratulations on getting your groove back!

Enjoy those cooler days. It's stinking hot here in Australia.

Carol said...

Congratulations on getting your license!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your licence.

stitcherw said...

Tag you're it, I got tagged for the 6 wierd things about myself challenge and after I posted mine I had to pick 6 others to tag to have them post 6 weird things about themselves. The rules are posted on my blog.
Sue